Remote therapeutic recreation available across Canada
Did you know that a lack of social connection can be as harmful as smoking 15 cigarettes a day? According to an Ipsos Reid poll for Global News, as of February 2021, almost half of all people aged 55 and better feel lonely. Of course, loneliness affects people of all ages. Often overlooked, loneliness is a health risk that can lead to depression, poor sleep and eating habits and can damage cardiovascular and immune systems.
We support people living with stroke, dementia, mental health challenges, bereavement, autism, developmental disability, social isolation, depression, anxiety, physical disability, behavioural issues—or anyone who simply wants to make a positive change.
Wellness Link’s remote therapeutic recreation services provide meaningful social engagement while your loved one remains safe at home. Our employees are all skilled Recreation Therapists providing virtual therapeutic recreation via phone or online to enhance social connection and boost quality of life.
Connection and Belonging
Are you currently trying to help an elderly parent or a loved one with a developmental disability? Our virtual therapeutic recreation resources can supplement your efforts. We provide ongoing, consistent, goal-oriented experiences that reduce feelings of isolation and offer positive coping skills. Together, we can minimize the risk for depression, anxiety, dementia, falls, premature hospitalization, poorer general health, reduced quality of life and more.
- We focus on all aspects of an individual’s wellbeing, including spiritual, social, psychological and cognitive state—and introduce positive change.
- Every day should feel special. Our goal is to validate, challenge and encourage clients to create outcomes they can take pride in. We provide daily check-ins to identify changes in eating, sleeping, and emotional habits, plus individualized assistance to relieve stress and boredom.
- Clients will develop a rapport, connection and reliable companionship with a professional Recreation Therapist.
- A dedicated Recreation Therapist will remain the consistent contact throughout the program to create structure and a special relationship with your loved one.
- Trying to help an elderly parent often brings on relationship challenges and difficult emotions. Our Recreation Therapist will be your extra set of hands to keep the caregiving strain manageable.
- We provide documentation so you know where your money is going and family insights to keep you informed of your loved one’s progress.
- An alternative to many home care agencies with 3-4 hour minimum sessions plus travel time charges, Wellness Link’s trained professional Recreation Therapists are available via phone or email for as little as 30 minutes at a time.
- Regular sessions provide structure and value at a manageable cost.
Discover how Wellness Link can support your loved one by phone or online with a free consultation.
How remote therapeutic recreation helps loved ones avoid social isolation
Connecting despite the distance
Proximity, work, and other responsibilities may prevent you from being by the side of your family member every day, but it does not need to be a barrier to them enjoying life.
Regardless of where in Canada your loved one is located, our compassionate remote Recreation Therapists bridge the gap and bring the meaningful social connection they need for optimal health, happiness, and well-being. We engage by phone or online, helping your loved ones feel safe and connected at the same time.
This, in turn, brings you the peace of mind you need.
Signs your loved one may feel lonely
It’s important to know the signs that someone you love might be experiencing chronic loneliness:
- They have become withdrawn; calls are infrequent or irregular
- They have lowered their standards of hygiene and self-care
- They suffer from irregular sleep patterns
- They experience excessive weight loss or weight gain
- They exhibit behavioural changes
Do you see any of these signs?
Our friendly staff can review solutions during a free virtual consultation. Connect with our team to learn how Wellness Link can help.
The cost of isolation is avoidable
Studies show that isolation and a lack of community connection adversely impact health, well-being and quality of life.
Happily, the opposite happens when the people we love and care about who are limited by health and mobility challenges feel meaningfully connected to others.
Thriving with meaningful companionship and care
We build quality into life by integrating social connectedness, purpose, autonomy, dignity and let’s not forget FUN into a daily routine.
We take what our client loves doing the most and use it therapeutically. Mix and match our list of services that enhance physical, cognitive, and social abilities, overcome health barriers, increase self-esteem and engage in fun and rewarding leisure activity. Your choices help us create the best personalized program that fits your loved one’s needs and interests.
*Requires signed consent by the person receiving the service or their POA / Substitute Decision Maker to share personal health information.
** Please note our staff are not nurses, do not have medical training and will likely not be able to take any actual action beyond notifying a responsible contact person of the concern.
Partner With Professionally Trained, Remote Recreation Therapists
We are strong advocates for social connection, accessibility, companionship, engagement and removing barriers to enhance quality of life. Our team of trained Recreation Therapists are experts in care and support. We are your helping hand for those in caregiving roles and individuals overcoming social isolation and loneliness.
There are limitless strategies we can offer to bring joy and purpose to everyday life. As a team of compassionate, creative and caring professionals, we believe that people of all ages can achieve quality of life and functional ability.
What Wellness Link™ is not
Yes, we do that!
Not looking for a phone or online service? For in-person care ask about our one-on-one therapeutic recreation services.
Either way, you are supported by our experienced professional employees. Founded in 2003, Jackson Therapeutic Recreation was the first healthcare agency in the country to provide the public access to Therapeutic Recreation services on an “as wanted as needed” basis. We are your family member’s reliable friend and helping hand.
Available Across Canada
Your loved one deserves the most out of life
|Trial – $59 + tax for your first month||Wellness Link 30 – $99/mo + tax||Wellness Link 45 – $149/mo + tax||Wellness Link 60 – $189/mo + tax|
|1 x 30 minute phone or virtual session per week|
|1 x 45 minute phone or virtual session per week|
|1 x 60 minute phone or virtual session per week|
|Same Recreation Therapist each time|
|Customized Activity Plans|
|Mix & Match to build your ideal schedule|